Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Dare I say it...

I can't remember the last time I actually picked up a set of knitting needles. Ever since I learned how to crochet and bought The Happy Hooker book, I've pretty much abandoned my knitting projects. I started to think about it and well, other than a hat that was too small to wear and a scarf made out og fun fur type yarn, I have not completed any knitting projects.

I am not sure why this is, but I just find crocheting much more enjoyable. I think a lot of it has to do with the ability to easily fix mistakes. It is so much harder when knitting.

I'm not going to give up knitting though. Perhaps this crochet thing is just a phase. I do want to knit some socks someday, I just don't have an double pointed needles or the right kind of yarn.

I've been buying a lot of yarn though lately. It is mostly online where you can get some killer deals. My newest find is a place called The Knitting Zone.

Oh, also, I'm really starting to get into Amigarumi. Which is basically crocheting little dolls that may or may not look like anime. It's soo cute. I'll post pictures when I get some.

No comments: