Monday, February 26, 2007

2007 Knit - In

I attended the 2007 Knit-In at Folly Beach last weekend. It wasn't exactly what I expected but it was fun nonetheless.

It was at the Holiday Inn on Folly Beach. There were about 10 people there when I arrived. Most of them were there from a previous class on multidirectional knitting taught by the owner of Its a Stitch on Johns Island.

I was there for the crochet class and I am so glad I went! Anyone who is now interested in learning some basic crochet stitches, I am more than happy to teach you. The class was taught by Vera Hannaford. She was a great teacher and I feel I learned a lot from her. She told me she would like to stop by at one of our meetings sometime. Vera has her own blog as well.

After the class I stuck around for an hour or two picking Vera's brain about reading patterns and pretty much every other question that popped in my head.

Next year the second annual Knit In will be in the last week of February so mark you calendars now.

I'm off to crochet a handbag now. I am working on the Fat Bottom Bag from The Happy Hooker. I highly recommend picking this book up if you are interested in crochet at all. I'll be bringing it with me to the meetings so everyone can take a look at it.

No comments: